- No more than eight pilots and guests per sortie. - Success
- Pilots must wear masks over their mouth and nose at all times, except while eating S.N.A.X. All pilots must maintain at least six feet from one another at all times. Please allow other pilots to decide for themselves if they'd like more distance. If a mask is removed for eating S.N.A.X., a distance of twelve feet must be maintained. - Success
- All ships thoroughly preflighted. Be prepared to fix your own ship. Please bring your own tools in case you need to make space repairs. - Success
- All sorties rendezvous at the VORTEX. Coordinates are the Champion Field, Danehy Park, Cambridge System. - Success
- Have a short but vigorous DANCE PARTY!!! - Success
Mission SummarySCUL formed four sorties of no more than eight socially-distanced pilots. The sorties converged on the final minute of Halloween at the VORTEX - a vast open region of space. I know space is pretty much nothing but vast open spaces by its very definition, but SCUL hangout spots are classified so we can't be more specific.
Okay, it was Champion Track at Danehy Park in the Cambridge system.
It was a big, well spread out gang. We wore masks, we wore costumes over the masks, but we could still see the smiles. SCUL hasn't flown officially since November of orbit 2019, and even though there was snow on the ground and the ground was soaked with near-freezing water, it was worth it.